Busy books are great to give to kids who need additional practice with some of the skills as well as a great activity binder to keep at hand for morning work.
Activities included in the V-day addition activity book are:
- animals pair matching – match the two animals of the same species to form a heart – match two birds, two cats, two bears, two dogs, two elephants and two frogs
- chocolate box shape match – match the shapes with their outlines to fill the chocolate box
- color match – match the hearts to their colors – learn color words at the same time
- conversation hearts letter match – practice letter recognition by matching upper case letters to upper case letters (or lower case to lower case) or practice matching upper case letters to lower case letters (or lower case to uppercase)
- compound words love notes – put the 3 pieces of puzzles together to build an envelope – on each envelope part there is a picture and a word (bird + house = birdhouse).
- ten frames with love bugs. Match the ten frames to the number on the love bug
- Rhyme bouquet – match the images that rhyme to complete the bouquet of flowers.
This compound words file folder game is perfect for Valentine’s day! Build up compound words as you assemble these love notes. Each envelope is made from 3 parts, the top part of the envelope showing the compound word (with picture and word) and the bottom 2 parts the words that make up the compound word (again with picture and word). A sun and a flower will make a sunflower.
This is a wonderful literacy file folder game.
We suggest laminating the game pieces as well as the game (or using contact paper).
Love is in the air for these animal pairs! This fun matching animal pairs file folder game is perfect for Valentines day theme. If your kids love matching games this file folder game is perfect for them.
Join the two animals of the same species together and form a heart shape while you do. If your little learners just want to have some fun, they can also mix and match animals to make up unlikely pairs.
Match up a lion and a lioness, 2 cats, 2 bears, 2 dogs, 2 pigs, 2 frogs, 2 tigers, 2 birds, 2 panda bears, 2 foxes, 2 elephants and 2 turtles.
We recommend laminating the game pieces for durability.